Today, I’m writing spontaneously. While I thought about possible topics, yesterday, for today’s post, I decided to pick this title at the last minute and just see what happens.
While some people might call that
- ill-advised, and
- procrastinating until the last minute …
… doing something spontaneously, without planning, can be fun!
Now, I would like to spontaneously link to other posts I’ve written that have “fun” in the title. Here they are:
- Day 248: Random thoughts on fun,
- Day 416: Fun with Phobias,
- Day 417: Fun with Phobias, Part II,
- Day 443: Fun with labels,
- Day 496: Fun with Phobias (Part III*), and last (and perhaps least relevant)
- Day 516: One possible function of anxiety (dreams).
I love lists, so here’s another one I’m including here, spontaneously, of things that happened while I was creating that first list, above:
- I had fun with it.
- I was hoping that people would click on those links to my prior posts, since I think they’re all good enough to read.
- I’m being brave enough to finally use the “new”method of creating posts today.
- As I was about to add the last item in the list, this post disappeared — poof!
- I didn’t panic.
- I patiently tried to find it.
- I decided the post was lost forever and I was prepared to re-create this post, from the beginning.
- I found the original draft of this post.
I just tried to link to the last number in that list, but WordPress wouldn’t let me. That’s okay. I can link to that number, now:
I was thinking of writing
F___ YOU, WORDPRESS!!
right there, because I get upset, sometimes, when I’m trying to use something new and can’t figure it out and make a mistake and panic a little, but I thought better of it.
Yesterday, in my work as a psychotherapist and in my life as a human being, I encountered people who had trouble dealing with anger. I’m often not sure what to do with my own anger, either. (I seem to be okay dealing with other people’s anger spontaneously, even though I may fear it in advance.)
My best advice about anger, these days, is
- own your anger (as well as your other feelings)
- express your anger in a way that works for you, rather than bottling it up
Before I proceed with THAT list (which I started spontaneously without knowing where it would end), I’d like see what Google Images has for “bottling it up.”
Eeek! I just lost track of this post, again, when I came back from “Google Images.” I couldn’t find it anywhere. However, this time, I remembered the process for restoring this post that worked for me before, so I spontaneously did NOT panic. I’m hoping I can learn from this experience to make my post-creation process, next time, smoother and easier.
Where was I? Oh, yes! Showing you Google Images for “Bottling it Up.”
Oh! I just found the earlier draft of this post. I just didn’t see it before, because I had too many tabs open. You’ll just have to believe me, though, that the first draft totally disappeared.
I just spontaneously closed a lot of those open tabs, so I can more easily keep track of things as I’m writing this post.
Where was I? Oh, yes! Google Images for “bottling it up”:
(Image found here)
(Image found here)
Spontaneously, I’m deciding that those are enough Google Images, for today. I feel more comfortable using my own images, since I own those.
But what image(s), of my own, should I include in this post?
I could show you some photos I just had to stop and spontaneously take yesterday, on my way to work:
I could show you a portion of the whiteboard from the therapy group I did last night (making sure to keep strict confidentiality):
I DEFINITELY want to show you the photo I took this morning, right before my son left for school, of two pieces of required equipment he had chosen for today, Halloween:
Have fun trying to figure THAT out.
Before I spontaneously press “Publish” to send this post out into the world, what feels left out, for me?
Music! But what piece of music fits today’s post?
Do YOU have any ideas about that?
Even if you do, that’s not going to help me now.
Here’s the tune that’s rattling around in my head (and has been, since I rediscovered it while writing this here post). And since I primarily write these posts for ……
… posting this video, spontaneously, here, will give ME easier access to it.
(This time, I’m linking to just that performance, which I LOVE, of “In France They Kiss on Main Street” with Joni Mitchell, Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, and Lyle Mays, rather than linking to the whole concert — which I LOVE — as I did in that previous post.)
- included words, images and music here,
- had some breakfast, while writing this,
- managed to avoid my hands being gnawed by one of my cats, while I’m typing this,
- left enough time to get ready for work, where I have to write something spontaneously that’s due today ….
… so I think those are reasons enough to publish this post NOW.
One more thing: Thanks to EVERYBODY.