In therapy, when people feel overwhelmed, I ask them to identify an achievable next step.
For me, here and now, achievable next steps include:
- sending an email inviting somebody to connect with me via ZOOM,
- opening up 2020 tax preparation software for the first time,
- entering some tax data,
- sending my video of “Vaccinated Women” to another TV show,
- calling my health insurance company about family coverage,
- calling a new company about my flexible spending health accountability account,
- dancing, and
- sharing these images with you:
According to the CDC, achievable next steps are definitely changing. Change is stressful, even those changes you desperately want. I would suggest choosing and practicing an achievable next step for reducing stress.
Is an achievable next step for you leaving a comment about this achievable-next-step post?
Gratitude is always an achievable next step for me.