When I make a mistake ….
- I feel bad.
- I admit it.
- I dwell on it.
- I try to forgive myself.
- I can experience guilt and shame.
- I might wake up in the middle of the night.
- I worry about lasting effects.
- I sometimes call myself “stupid.”
- I make reparations as best I can.
- I learn something.
- I move on to other things (including new mistakes).
What happens when you make a mistake?
Make no mistake, we all make mistakes.
When I take photos, I usually share them, mistakes and all.
When people make me delicious meals, it would be a mistake not to eat them.
When I search YouTube for “When I make a mistake” I find this …
… this …
… and this.
It would be a mistake not to express thanks to all who helped me make this post and — of course! — to YOU.
Ooops! I made a mistake taking that photo, so here’s a better “thank you.”