Yesterday, at a better hospital in Boston, I noticed this:
When things seem to be getting worse, it helps to believe that it gets better.
It gets better when we …
- welcome each other,
- introduce ourselves with love,
- throw kindness around like confetti,
- commit to accountability, communication, respect, innovation, and teamwork,
- accept and express appreciation,
- accept all our feelings,
- stop self-defeating thoughts and behaviors,
- show our strengths and our vulnerabilities,
- inspire and become inspired,
- see beyond,
- transform tomorrow while also honoring the past,
- accept ourselves exactly the way we are,
- realize we have options of different ways to respond,
- set healthy boundaries,
- eat healthy food,
- and realize that we are loved.
It gets better with gratitude, so thanks to all who helped me create this “it gets better” post and — of course! — to YOU.