Everything you’re handed includes today’s blog and this image I captured with my hand yesterday:
Ready to be handed my thoughts about that?
- Eeek! A talking napkin!
- I appreciate statements that start with “Please.”
- I try to compost when I can and feel guilty when I don’t.
- Unless somebody hands me a napkin, I often forget to get one.
- Something I have in common with my teacher, friend, and comedian’s comedian Ron Lynch is that napkins don’t like to stay in our laps. During a restaurant meal, I often have to reach down with my hand and retrieve an escaped or escaping napkin.
- You have to hand it to me: I’m a creative name-dropper (and napkin-dropper).
My hands have now rewritten the title to this post several times …
Day 2537: Everything we hand you
Day 2537: Everything I hand you
Day 2537: Everything I’m handed
Day 2537: Compostable
Day 2537: Hand outs
Day 2537: Everything
… before returning to my original title. As my fiancé Michael says, “First guess, best guess.”
Now you’re going to be handed more images my hand, heart, and mind have chosen.
Sometimes, everything you’re handed can feel like too much. Please keep these thoughts at hand when you’re overwhelmed:
- Shame and self-judgment don’t help.
- This too shall pass.
- You are not alone.
Here‘s Marc Cohn with “The Things We’ve Handed Down.”
Now it’s time to hand you my gratitude for all who help me create these posts with my own two hands, every day.