Fourteen hundred days ago (but who’s counting?), I wrote another blog post titled “Messages.” During my first year of blogging, I wrote three posts about messages: Day 317: Challenging Negative Messages, Day 178: Feeling discouraged, what helps, and voicemail messages, and Day 144: “Emergency” messages.
My messages for today include the following:
- Some messages bear repeating,
- Sometimes people don’t want to hear messages,
- Messages can be direct, implied, or unexpressed,
- The medium is the message,
- I enjoy exchanging messages with my son through the medium of our phones,
- People talked about messages in a Coping and Healing group recently,
- Mixed messages are everywhere,
- Some messages are hard to read,
- Clarity is important for getting your messages through,
- Many of us have internalized harsh, critical messages from the past,
- This week, two people shared the message that attending my groups has been “life changing,”
- Some people prefer messages in words and other people prefer messages in pictures.
Which one of those visual messages pops for you?
Here’s “Message in a Bottle” by the Police:
If you want the messages of those lyrics more clearly, here‘s this video:
Please accept my messages of gratitude at the end of every post.