By “signs,” I mean helpful indications of things to pay attention to.
Four examples of signs, according to Google Images:
Two examples of signs, according to me:
Sign: It’s too friggin’ hot around here.
Possible meanings, reasons, things to pay attention to:
1. Global warming.
Depending upon where you live, global warming is either (1) controversial or (2) completely non-controversial.
That about covers it, doesn’t it?
2. Maybe I really should consider moving.
Where I live, it’s Painful-Cold for many months of winter and Painful-Hot for many days of summer. This leads to helpful people giving this advice: “Think about how cold it gets here during winter and get in touch with gratitude for the heat now.” (These are the same helpful people who say the reverse, during winter .)
How about getting in touch with this?
I’M LIVING IN A PLACE WHERE I’M IN PAIN, ABOUT HALF THE TIME.
Who deserves that? Not I, said the little red hen.
Second Sign: I’m having trouble sleeping.
Possible reasons and things to pay attention to:
1. I have a lot of things to do.
2. There are some people I’m going to see, this weekend, whom I haven’t seen in a while, and I’m excited about that.
3. As my mother used to say (about me and then, my son), “You don’t want to miss anything.”
4. I can be afraid of things that don’t actually exist. Or, if they do exist, they’re not as dangerous as they seem.
5. It’s too friggin’ hot around here.
Thanks for going around with me today. It’s a good sign (according to me).