This morning, I’m obsessing about re-packing my stuff and leaving Disney World to meet my old friend Deb at the Jacksonville Airport to start phase 2 of my September vacation adventure on some islands off the coast of Georgia. Usually, I might be obsessing about the content and clarity of that first sentence, but I’ve got to keep moving before the rental car pick-up time of 8:15, so let’s see if today’s Daily Bitch calendar has anything to say about obsessing.
Here is what I’m obsessing about in the moment:
- Whether I’m repacking things in a way that will make them accessible to me when I need them.
- How my phone plan emailed me that I have already used 80% of my data for the month, which makes no sense.
- Whether I’ll remember to make myself available to the people who are covering my groups next week in case they need an access code from me when they try to start a remote group.
- How I keep getting a message on my laptop that my disk is almost full.
- Technology in general.
- Decisions about how to remodel our upstairs bathroom now that we’ve gotten the go-ahead from the insurance company.
- Insurance companies in general.
- Decisions in general.
- How likely it is I’ve caught COVID again hanging around crowds of people at Disney World.
- The health and well-being of everybody I care about.
- Whether I’ll be prepared for a virtual meeting the day I get back from vacation about doing groups to help prevent doctor burnout.
- How clumsy my thumbs are typing out this blog post on my phone.
Whenever I’m obsessing, I write the thoughts down to get them out of my head so that I can move ahead with a clear mind, like now.
Do you see obsessing in any of my other images for today?
Happy National Swap Ideas Day as perhaps we’ll swap ideas about obsessing, below.
Here’s what I find on YouTube when I search for “obsessing.”
Thanks to all who help me stop obsessing every day, including YOU!