Who said “whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”?
It didn’t kill me to discover that it was Friedrich Nietzsche.
It didn’t kill me to finally spell “Friedrich Nietzsche” right in that previous paragraph.
Here are others things that didn’t kill me:
- being born with a rare heart condition,
- spending lots of time in the hospital when I was kid,
- ridiculous hospital rules which prevented my parents from staying with me,
- a few awful nurses and doctors,
- medicine that made me sick,
- many surgeries,
- relying on cardiac pacemakers since age 10,
- the assassinations during the 60’s,
- bullies at school,
- mean or incompetent teachers,
- bad leaders,
- bad weather,
- bad food,
- choking on a piece of hard candy I accidentally swallowed while laughing,
- car accidents,
- scary plane trips,
- scary movies,
- scary people, including a rapist,
- jobs that didn’t fit my skills or interests,
- walking across a frozen river,
- my mistakes,
- other people’s mistakes,
- traveling by myself,
- not being able to swim,
- three bouts of endocarditis because of a leaky heart valve,
- valve replacement surgery,
- public speaking,
- public singing,
- suicidal thoughts,
- COVID-19, and
- everything and everybody else I’ve encountered in my long life, including what you see in today’s images.
The Daily Bitch Calendar kills me (in a good way).
It doesn’t kill me to express gratitude, so thanks to all who help me create these daily posts, including YOU!