I’m curious about …
- everything that’s happened to you since the last time I saw you,
- how you’re doing in this moment (including thoughts, feelings, and body experience),
- everything that you’re aware of that might be contributing to how you’re doing in this moment,
- how other people have been affecting you,
- how you’ve been affecting other people,
- how the weather’s been affecting you,
- how the news has been affecting you,
- how you would introduce yourself to somebody who is meeting you for the first time, and
- what you’re curious about.
If you’re curious about my Coping and Healing groups, I introduce the check-in portion of the group by saying what I’m curious about. What I’m curious about often includes the curious list above. Because I don’t want my curiosity to be too important, I always conclude my list of curiosity with this:
Feel free to ignore everything I just said, because it’s YOUR check-in.
I’m curious about this: even people who have been coming to the group for years often smile at that line.
I’m curious about how these photos affect you:
I am curious about what you would say in a comment below, but feel free to ignore everything I’ve just said, because it’s your comment.
Thanks to all who helped me create this curious post and — of course! — thanks to YOU.