I can’t stop, won’t stop
- letting go of the past,
- having hope for the future,
- enjoying the riches of the present moment,
- writing original songs,
- telling everybody about the healing power of groups, and
- taking photos of what I see around me.
I can’t stop, won’t stop posting videos of my performances even though I have — OMG! — only 18 subscribers to my YouTube channel. Here’s the latest video:
Can’t stop, won’t stop singing about triggers until all the worst triggers go away.
Can’t stop, won’t stop expressing gratitude to all who help me keep going every day, including YOU.
Categories: group therapy, original song, personal growth, photojournalism
Tags: coping and healing groups, Dealing with loss, gratitude, Inquisitive Dragon YouTube channel, Jam'n Java Open Mic, moving on, September 2019, Starbucks, triggers
As I’m dealing with change, the morning after the funeral of my good friend Hillel, I’m dealing with searching all my 2,474 previous blog posts for “dealing with change.” The top result of that “dealing with change” search is Day 1888: Well … THEY WERE WRONG which, among other things, deals with climate change. Climate change is something that a lot of people are dealing with, here and now.
I’m also focusing on “dealing with change” today because next week I’ll be conducting a version of my Coping and Healing groups for staff at the major Boston hospital where I work. That’s a change for me and I’m going to focus the group topic on dealing with change, since we’re all dealing with so much change, especially in the health care industry.
One way I deal with change is to blog here daily and to share my photos from the day before. Today’s photos feature
- Julie, the lovely woman from my high school who helped me deal with Hillel’s death by inviting me to stay at her place Tuesday night and go to Hillel’s funeral together,
- Julie’s pets, including two cats and a dog,
- Julie’s beautiful home, inside and out,
- the cemetery where Hillel was buried yesterday, and
- the delicious meal Michael served me when I finally got home last night.
If you want to change the size of any of those photos, just click to enlarge.
Music also helps me deal with change. Here‘s “A Change is Gonna Come” written and sung by Sam Cooke.
What are your thoughts and feelings about dealing with change?
No matter what change I’m dealing with, I’m grateful I’m alive another day to deal with the changes around and within me.
Categories: personal growth, photojournalism
Tags: "A Change is Gonna Come", climate change, Climate Crisis Town Hall, CNN, gratitude, grief, Hillel Bennett, Hurricane Dorian, loss, Sam Cooke, September 2019