All my blog posts are based on a true story, so it’s true that I love starting today’s blog post with a true image from my true friend Barbara’s truly lovely home.
- went with me to see guitarist Pat Metheny for Barbara’s first time,
- had the best fish dish of her entire life,
- took selfies of herself and her friend of sixty-three years (me),
- swapped amazing stories with her friend,
- admired the gorgeous concert venue in Rockport Massachusetts,
- experienced the wonder of synchronicity,
- was, as usual, a wonderful friend,
- enjoyed many adventures, and
these are all true stories!
We have proof that these stories are true, because of all these true photographs:
Barbara and I both agreed that we truly enjoyed Pat last night especially when he involved more instruments than just one solo guitar. I told her the true story of his development of his own incredible Orchestrion, of which he had a small sample on stage with him last night. I also told her the true story of how I saw Pat play at the Orpheum theater in Boston a decade ago when his Orchestrion album came out, and how truly amazing that was. She wished she could have seen more of that, so this is truly for you, Barbara:
I’m looking forward to all your true stories, below.
My gratitude is always based on true stories, so thanks to Barbara, to true friendship, to Pat Metheny, to all who helped me create today’s true post and — truly! — to YOU.