Last week, at one of my therapy groups, somebody said to me,
You’re nothing if not consistent, Ann.
I guess I am consistent. That is, there are things I seem to do consistently, including:
- I check definitions of words, to make sure we’re all on the same page (or screen):
[kuh n-sis-tuh nt]
1. agreeing or accordant; compatible; not self-contradictory:
His views and actions are consistent.
2. constantly adhering to the same principles, course, form, etc.:
a consistent opponent.
3. holding firmly together; cohering.
4. Archaic. fixed; firm.
- I take a few tries to find a definition that seems good enough and translates easily into a post here.
- I play around with formatting these posts, in order to make them easier to read and understand (despite my naturally meandering and consistently varied thoughts).
- I hear what people say, and some things seem to stick more than others.
When something sticks, I wonder about it. For example, when somebody says:
You are nothing if not ____________
… does that mean that if you are NOT that thing, that you are …. NOTHING?
What do you think?
I think not.
Because, it’s impossible for any one of us to be NOTHING. I mean, it’s just simple math.
1 ≠ 0
Mathematically, that reminds me of this: my faithful and amazing reader Maureen a/k/a Sitting on My Own Sofa a/k/a Mom Learns Math has started a new WordPress blog, which I highly recommend.
That paragraph demonstrates something else I do, consistently: link to the same place multiple times, for emphasis (although, not always).
More consistencies, from me, in my blog posts:
- Quotes from famous people, like
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Photos I’ve taken recently (like yesterday).
I’m also consistent with this: trying to capture the moon (as in those last four photos).
Another consistency (foolish, hobgoblin, or otherwise)? My love for music. And I hope I am consistent in posting music that fits my topics, well enough.
I forgot another consistency: inviting audience involvement, in an authentic way. What music (or image or anything else) might YOU choose, for today’s topic?
Here’s my musical choice:
(Johnny Hartman and John Coltrane perform, oh-so-beautifully, “My One and Only Love,” captured by this YouTube video for all time, I hope)
Thanks (and love) to one and all!