Two confessions, this morning:
- Sometimes, I confuse words for things. For example, I’ll say “January” when I mean “July.” I wonder if people think — when I do that — that I am confused about what time of year it is. THAT could be embarrassing.
- Sometimes, I procrastinate making changes. That can feel embarrassing, too.
So it helps when I realize that I’m not alone in these imperfections. Especially when I realize that I am joined by a person — or an establishment — that I respect.
Therefore, I was pleased to see this sign, this past October weekend, in front of one of my favorite local restaurants.
Besides the headline, I want to point out some other things about that sign:
- It’s located in the eastern United States (not in Australia or any other place south of the equator).
- It uses one of my favorite words (“yummy”).
- It concludes with something I’ve considered using more of, lately (an emoticon).
If you don’t like emoticons, insert your own preferred smiling image, here, to conclude.
Wait! Before I do end today’s blog post, I’d like to present some of MY preferred smiling images (from previous posts, this year):
There’s more, but it’s time for me to end this post, people!
Thanks to Patou Thai Restaurant, people confused in any way by seasonal change, procrastinators (and anti-crastinators, if such people exist), smilers everywhere, and to you, of course, for reading today.