“My mind’s a blank” is a line from the second original song I recently wrote, “Catastrophizing.”
My mind’s a blank when I try to find things to say about these photos I took yesterday:
My mind’s a blank when I try to describe how Michael transforms a blank plate into a lovely feast.
My mind’s a blank when I hear some people’s ideas about how to keep a school safe. Guns? Metal Detectors? Panic buttons? Cameras? Cupcakes?
My mind’s a blank when I
- eat too much sugar,
- am really impressed,
- get very nervous,
- am in pain,
- have to deliver a speech,
- consider current American politics,
- try to meditate,
- look at a hostile or disapproving face,
- need to fill out a form,
- feel overcome by emotions,
- wonder what I’m going to blog about in the future,
- wonder about the future in general,
- don’t get enough sleep,
- am about to perform in front of people,
- can’t find the right words,
- encounter cruelty or stupidity, and
- think about people I love who are dying.
When is your mind a blank?
“My Mind’s a Blank” by Wiretaps gets blank reactions on YouTube.
Is your mind a blank here and now? If so, will you leave a blank comment?
Even when a card is blank inside ….
… it can still say “Thank You.”
Thanks to all who help me create these posts even when my mind’s a blank and — of course! — to you, for temporarily blanking out everything else to read this blog.