Are you alarmed about anything today?
Yesterday, I was alarmed when
- an alarming, rapid five-tone beeping sounded several times throughout the day in our home and we couldn’t find the source of it,
- we discovered that our cat Oscar had peed a little in the bathtub, and
- I found out that somebody I care about very much is getting a lung transplant.
What do you do when you are alarmed?
I take a breath, tell myself “it’s safer than it feels,” and choose a next best step.
Are you alarmed by any of my photos?
When I sent my son Aaron that photo of Michael saying “hi” last night, Aaron wrote back, “Is he alright?” I think he might have been alarmed.
Don’t be alarmed, but I just heard those five beeps again. I’m wondering if we could work together to figure out
- what those beeps might signify and
- what to put in the room where there used to be a piece of furniture that the cats have destroyed.
I won’t be alarmed by any of your comments, no matter how alarmed you are.
Don’t be alarmed by this: I’m grateful for all who helped me create this post and — of course! — for YOU.