I just called this post, in its first draft, “Just Another Ordinary Day,” which is a lyric from “I Just Called to Say I Love You,” by Stevie Wonder:
But when I heard that Stevie Wonder song in my earmuff/headphones yesterday, it was NOT just another ordinary day. It was New Year’s Day, which I just called extraordinary as I was reviewing the 2020 visions I captured yesterday:
I just called a few of those photos extraordinary (including the ones with Oscar and the vacuum cleaner) and I’m wondering which photos you’d call out in a comment, below.
Also, I just called today another extraordinary day, because I get to
- facilitate a Coping and Healing group at work,
- start using the 2020 Daily Bitch Calendar,
- see people and other creatures I love, and
- have more of Michael’s incredible eggplant parmigiana (which he spent much of the day yesterday preparing, without sugar).
What would YOU just call today, even though it’s
- no New Year’s Day to celebrate,
- no chocolate candy hearts to give away,
- no first of spring,
- no April rain,
- no wedding Saturday within the month of June,
- no summer’s high,
- no warm July,
- no harvest moon to light one tender August night,
- no autumn breeze,
- no falling leaves,
- not even time for birds to fly to Southern skies,
- no Libra sun,
- no Halloween, and
- no giving thanks to all the Christmas joy you bring?
I just called it another day of gratitude — for all who helped me create today’s blog post and (of course!) for you.