On June 13, I am going to be facilitating an online community meeting for an esteemed community of group therapists.
Here’s an online definition of community:
1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
2. a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
As I’m looking at that definition, I’m thinking how important difference and diversity are (not just things shared in common) for enriching a community.
I’m planning on asking people questions during the online community meeting, like
- What does community mean to you?
- What gets in the way of community for you?
- What helps you connect to a community?
when the world comes crashing at your feet
it’s okay to let others
help pick up the pieces
if we’re present to take part in your happiness
when your circumstances are great
we are more than capable
of sharing your pain
Do any of my photos from yesterday relate to community?
Because part of community is creating a safe enough space for others to participate, what are your thoughts and feelings about community?
I am grateful for all my communities, including this one!