With reckless abandon, I here and now decide what the title of today’s post will be, based on this sign I saw yesterday:
With reckless abandon, I shall now reveal that:
- I hope to embrace the stressful events of the next few weeks with reckless abandon.
- These stressful events include waiting for the delivery of a student visa (which I hope hasn’t been recklessly abandoned in some government building in NYC), my son starting a five-year program at the University of Edinburgh, and my having open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
- Yesterday I recklessly abandoned all attempts to prepare myself for the upcoming events and instead spent the day with my fabulous Philadelphia-based friend Jeanette (who abandoned Boston to move to Washington D.C. sixteen years ago, but I I still miss her every day).
- Jeanette, who courageously abandons any fear of speaking her mind, recklessly told my boyfriend Michael yesterday that he has to teach my son Aaron how to cook two easy meals this week.
- Michael recklessly promised Jeanette that he would.
- I am recklessly going to include photos of Jeanette and other people I’ve recklessly mentioned in this post, so don’t abandon me yet!
Are you ready for the reckless abandon of my other photos from yesterday, as I recklessly abandon any intention of further explaining them?
Which of those photos say “reckless abandon” to you?
I hope you show some reckless abandon by leaving a comment, below.
Before I recklessly abandon you all until tomorrow morning’s blog post, I’d like to express gratitude to those who helped me create this post and to you — of course! — with reckless abandon.