Where we live, we’ve been invaded lately by groups of tiny ants.
Yesterday morning, before I left to do therapy groups at work, I grouped these words together in an email to my bf Michael:
Subject: Cinnamon Girl
The ants were attacking particularly ferociously this morning, so I researched natural repellents for ants. Several people said ground cinnamon worked well. So if you see red sprinkles when you’re cleaning, IT’S MY FAULT. (People did particularly note that ground cinnamon was easy to clean up.)
Here’s a group of things I’m noticing now about that email:
- If I had included a video of “Cinnamon Girl” by Neil Young, I could have added that email — as is — to my group of 906 daily blog posts.
- I included a group of two of the same word — “particularly” — within a small group of words.
- How does a group of tiny ants attack “ferociously”?
On my way to work, I didn’t notice groups of ants, but I took this group of photos:
Soon after I took that last group shot, the woman holding one of a group of Infiniti barriers stopped me and asked:
Are you with the group?
Here’s a group of things I could have replied:
What group do you mean?
We are all with groups.
Instead, I grouped together a “No,” a laugh, and an eyeroll, since nobody has ever asked me that question nor has rerouted me before, in all the groups of times I’ve walked the same group of Fenway streets over the last four years.
Here’s the group of shots I took for the rest of the day, thinking about groups I do and do not belong to:
Here are some groups I belong to:
- People who love groups.
- People who love to walk.
- People who take groups of pictures, every day.
- People who cast shadows.
- People who can read upside down.
- People who love bright colors.
- People who can worry.
- People who have issues with sleep.
Here are some groups I do not belong to:
- People who drink Coca Cola (or any other soft drink).
- People who park on sidewalks.
- People who ride bikes.
- People who ride scooters.
- People who tend gardens.
- People who explain all their photos in their blog posts.
There is one group, of those listed directly above, that I wish I were a member of. Can you guess which group that is?
I’m going to group together another guess request, here and now. Can you guess which song — among the group of myriad possibilities — I’m including in this post?
Neil Young is performing “Cinnamon Girl” with a group of other musicians on YouTube.
Now I’m wondering what group of comments I’m going to get about this post.
Group thanks to all the groups in this post (even the ants) and special thanks to you — of course! — for reading this today.