Lately, I’ve been getting lots of news that sux. That news has included:
- the premature death of a lovely woman I’ve known for years,
- injustice in the legal system,
- a diagnosis of brain cancer for another beloved friend,
- the appointment of a fossil fuels lobbyist to the U.S. Cabinet as Secretary of the Interior, and
- pretty much all the news in the media, which I’ve been trying to avoid.
When there’s so much news that sux, it helps me to share my feelings and thoughts with others. Right before I started writing this post, a friend and I wrote “Sux” to each other on Messenger.
It also helps me to take in and share what’s not sucking around me.
It sux when there are demons in your life, but there always are, so why not name them, as suggested by that mindfulness card, above? When I first read the front of that card “Name the demons,” I sucked in my breath as I imagined naming them “Fred,” “Gertrude” or “Charlie.”
It sux that I have to get to work early this morning, so here’s what I can quickly find on YouTube for “Sux.”
Here’s what comes up for “Sux Music”:
I notice connections between those two “sux” videos about what sux.
It never sux to experience and express gratitude for what you do have, so thanks to all who helped me write this “”Sux” post and — of course! — to YOU.