I knew that “Yikes!” would be today’s post title when I looked at my favorite watch yesterday.
Here are just some of my reasons for saying “Yikes!” right now:
- I have to go in to Boston for more surgery today, exactly six weeks after my open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
- The reason I need today’s surgery is that my Implantable Cardiac Device, which I received in May 2015, caused two deaths because of early battery depletion.
- I had to stop eating and drinking last night at midnight, and I am not reporting for surgery until 11:30 AM.
- The weather is going to be unseasonably warm and beautiful today, but I will be otherwise occupied.
- The United States presidential election, less than a week away.
- The Chicago Cubs might win the World Series tonight.
- If I feel up to it, I hope to sing at an Open Mic Friday night.
- Because of its latest update, my iPhone no longer recognizes my thumbprint but has lots of new features which I haven’t had time to learn.
Speaking of my “improved” iPhone, here are all the other photos I took yesterday. Do any of them make you go “Yikes!”?
Yikes! The words “warming” and “naturally” in that last photo, above, are reminding me of my first therapy session since my open heart surgery. Yesterday, my therapist George and I came up with a soothing ritual to help me prepare for today’s surgery — to place both my hands over my heart, to warm and naturally soothe my still painful chest cavity.
What is making you say “Yikes!” today, in your world?
Yikes! If I actually am able to sing at an Open Mic night in two days, will I remember all these lyrics?
Yikes! Joni Mitchell sounds great there.
Yikes! Look at the time! I have to get ready for my surgery.
Yikes! I get so cranky when I can’t eat or drink when I want to!
Yikes! I hope you leave a comment.
Yikes! I almost forgot to thank all those who helped me create this post and you — of course! — for visiting, here and now.