Yesterday, I noticed this headline on the Forbes website:
There are at least 36 intelligent alien civilizations in our galaxy, say scientists. My question is, if we count Earth, are there more than 36? And what makes an intelligent civilization, any way?
Does an intelligent civilization include:
- learning from past mistakes,
- acceptance of all feelings,
- balancing emotion and thought,
- balancing preparation with spontaneity,
- open mindedness,
- a sense of humor,
- an appreciation of the arts,
- an appreciation of the present moment,
- knowledge of history,
- a commitment to achievable next steps,
- awareness of others,
- awareness of self,
- respect for all creatures,
- curiosity about differences,
- an awareness of mortality,
- investments in the future, and
- a commitment to social change?
How would you describe an intelligent civilization?
Do you see signs of intelligent civilization in my other captured images from yesterday?
When I search for “Intelligent Civilizations” on YouTube, I find this:
When I search for intelligence in the civilized comments about that video, I find this:
8 months ago
Aliens don’t come to earth because it has only one star reviews
1 month ago
2020 really looking like a great filter right now
2 months ago
The aliens probably just left us on read
S P I C E B O I
3 months ago
everyone asking “where are the aliens” but not “how are the aliens”
1 month ago
Arthur C. Clarke — ‘Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.’
Here‘s Christopher Tin conducting the world premiere of “Sogno di Volare” — the Civilization VI theme song — performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the Angel City Chorale in London, July 19, 2016.
Another sign of intelligent civilization is gratitude, so thanks to all who helped me create todays “Intelligent Civilizations” post and — of course! — to YOU.