Here are some things I’m repeating, which are on my mind, today:
- This topic, from yesterday.
- My sister and I get to go to a Red Sox World Series game, for the second time!
- I’m wondering about judgmental thoughts people might have about my writing, right now.
- I’m reminding myself that (a) I don’t know what anybody else is thinking and (b) who cares what other people are friggin’ thinking, anyway?
- There are lots of things I want to include in this blog post today, including images of places I re-visited yesterday:
- When I tell somebody something, I like to follow through. For example, a wonderful blogger, The Laughing Housewife, commented about yesterday’s post, “I can read the same book over and over; but it is its familiarity that makes it so special.” I replied, “I read some books over and over again, too. I think I’ll add that to the post I’m concocting in my mind right now.” So, here are some books I’ve read, many times, that have helped me:
- Making lists of things that seem important.
- Noticing something different, as I’m composing this post, which is worrying me.
- Fearing some worst-case scenarios (e.g., I will lost this post before I can publish it; I will not give people credit who deserve it; links I’ve included won’t work or will be inappropriate).
- Accepting that I fear the worst, sometimes, and that I can let go of that, too.
Things on that List of 10, which I’m doing differently, this time around:
All of the above.
That concludes today’s post, everybody.
Thanks to David Ortiz, Koji Uehara, everyone else involved in the creation of this post, and to you, too, for visiting today.