It’s not surprising to regular readers of this blog that I’m starting out this post with a definition of “surprising.”
It’s surprising to me how limited that definition is, so here is a definition of “surprise”:
The bell-ringing part of that definition is surprising to me — who knew bell-ringing has its own nomenclature?
It’s surprising to me how insecure I can be about whether I’m using the right word, like “nomenclature.”
Phew! I was surprisingly accurate.
All of these things are surprising to me, here and now:
- Using three definitions in one blog post (a personal record for me),
- The people who are testifying against Trump in the hearings about the January 6 USA insurrection,
- How many people are not using the word “insurrection,”
- How people seem so sure that the Republicans are going to take the House and/or the Senate in the November 2022 midterm elections, and
- That people here are so appreciative of the photos and images I share.
Do you see anything surprising in today’s images?
There’s often something surprising in the list of National Days, don’t you think?
This is the first thing that comes up on YouTube when I search for “surprising”:
I wonder what will be surprising in the comments section, below.
Surprising thanks to all my surprising readers, including YOU!