I’ve had many aha moments in my life, including:
- life is short, so don’t waste any of it,
- nature sustains us and we better do our best to sustain it,
- most people are mostly good,
- all healing is mutual, so self care is never selfish,
- we can’t control anybody’s behavior except our own,
- we are all so caught up in our own experience that it takes hard work to understand and communicate effectively with others,
- people feel alone sometimes but no one is alone,
- repressed and disowned feelings will surface eventually,
- we all fear people who seem different from us until we open ourselves up to how connected we are,
- we unconsciously absorb biases from our cultures and our families so we need to be aware of them and challenge them constantly,
- it hurts to lose someone, even those I don’t know (like Queen Elizabeth),
- it’s not so much a matter of where you are but who you are with, and
- the best place to be is the here and now.
Aha! I just found this definition of “aha moments”:
Do you see any aha moments in my images for today?
Today is my late father’s birthday and I’m very grateful I shared so many aha moments with him before he died.
Several people on Twitter mentioned this song in response to my question about aha moments:
Thanks to all who help me blog daily about my aha moments, including YOU.