The introduction to today’s post is going to be my random thoughts about introductions:
- I’m working on the introduction to the first book I’ve ever written — “How to Make Your Brain Shut Up.”
- My introduction of a new member into my Coping and Healing groups always includes inviting the other people to remember what it felt like when they were new to the group.
- When I was giving a talk about my groups and was asked what I wanted as an introduction, I replied, “Just say, this is Ann Koplow. She knows what she’s talking about.”
- Before the introduction in 2016 of a mechanical heart valve and the need to take Coumadin/Warfarin for the rest of my life, I was very anxious about the impact of those things, but now it’s all second nature to me.
- My husband Michael and I feared that the introduction of a new cat, Joan, would bother our old cat Harley, but after a brief introductory period of hissing and him adjusting to her, everybody’s fine.
Now that we’ve finished the introduction, do you see introductions in my images for today?
To celebrate National Cousins Day, I want to tell my cousin Lani (who’s being reading this blog since its introduction in 2013) how much I love and appreciate her. I’m looking forward to our introduction to Viking River cruises in May 2023.
Here are the two songs I think have especially great introductions:
I feel fine about ending this post about introductions with gratitude for all the wonderful people I’m been introduced to over the years, including YOU!
I like the introduction in the Rolling Stone’s Sympathy for the Devil, Ann.