“Is it normal?” is something therapists, like me, hear frequently. Normally, I reply
- what does “normal” even mean?
- what do you think?
- is it getting in the way for you or others? and/or
… to questions like “Is it normal to be…”
- upset about other people’s behaviors?
- upset about my own behaviors?
- caring more for others than I’m caring for myself?
- sharing this?
- hiding this?
- missing someone so long after they’re gone ?
Is it normal to take pictures and to hang out on Twitter during a pandemic?
Is it normal that I shared today’s Daily Bitch with my Coping and Healing group yesterday and people loved it?
Is it normal to dance to the song “Happy” when so many people are unhappy?
Is it normal to leave comments or not leave comments?
What do you think?
Is it normal to be grateful every day?
Is anything still normal in this strange world of ours?