What troubling questions are on your mind, here and now?
My troubling questions include:
- What do I do about the realities of white supremacy?
- How do I deal with the realities of the coronavirus?
- Why is wearing a mask a political issue?
- What does the American flag even mean these days?
- How will we know when (and if) to euthanize our cat Oscar, who has cancer?
- Why am I so worried about making mistakes?
- Should I go back to being a vegetarian?
- Why is it so difficult to wait?
- Why is it so difficult for the human mind to stay in the present moment?
- Why are people so concerned about their image and how they appear to others?
- Why is it that when life is more difficult, people often feel worse about themselves?
- Why are trauma and abuse so often multi-generational?
- What do you do when you suspect a friend or colleague is having a mental breakdown?
- Does power corrupt and does absolute power corrupt absolutely?
- What is going to happen to nature as the world keeps warming?
- What kind of world is my 22-year-old son going to live in?
- Should we try to protect those we love from pain?
Do you see any troubling questions in these recent photos? (And is that a troubling question?)
If you have any troubling questions about why I have slinkies in my office, see this very early blog post.
Unquestionably, that is a very important video.
Circling back to the image that inspired today’s title …
Feel free to raise new and troubling questions or answer any question in a comment, below.
Thanks to all who took the trouble to read this “Troubling Questions” post today, including YOU.