- Groundhog Day,
- a palindrome date (the numbers are the same backwards and forwards), and
- my 67th birthday!
In 2018, I wrote a song titled “Shameless Appeals for Applause” which starts out
I’ve made it to age 65,
Nothing gets in the way of my passion and drive,
I was born with heart problems but I’m still alive.
I wonder if I need to rewrite that opening? If so, not today. Today I’m going to
- watch if the groundhog sees his shadow.
- think about the return of spring in the midst of winter.
- spend the day with my eminently quotable husband Michael who recently said, “If you’re going to learn something, you have to not know it first.”
- enjoy a new production of the musical “Hair.”
- enjoy not having to color my hair.
- get a free meal.
- watch for this Super Bowl commercial, which mentions my hometown:
- share my latest photos with you.
I have all I need in this corner of the world on my birthday, including YOU!
Happy birthday. My 65th wasn’t as good a date as yours today, but it was 07.07.07