As I am well into my seventh year creating and sharing this daily blog, my expectations are that I would have blogged about this important topic of expectations before (which I did, here, here, and here).
I have no expectations about whether you will read those previous blog posts.
Yesterday, in a Coping and Healing group, the chosen topic was expectations.
I wrote about how my expectations for the So You Think You Can Dance live tour on Sunday night affected my experience of the performance.
My expectation is that my drawing, above, needs some explanation: There were big black boxes (which contained stage lights) blocking our view of the dancers’ feet, which was not what I expected. At first I was disappointed (“So you thought you could see!”) , but then I let go of that expectation (“Okay. It is what it is.”) and thoroughly enjoyed the performances.
I wonder if people have any expectations about my other photos from yesterday?
If you attend your high school reunion wearing your old prom outfit, that will probably go against people’s expectations.
My expectations, here and now, include the following:
- People will express thoughts and/or feelings in comments, below.
- The United States of America will have a new President by 2021.
- There are certain things I can control and other things I cannot control.
- Letting go of expectations helps me be more committed to the present moment.
- On Day 2525 of this blog I will include the song “In The Year 2525.”
- I will be able to find a good enough song for today’s post.
My expectation is that some people will be able to view that Official Music Video of “Expectations” by MAGIC! and others will not.
If you had expectations that I would end this post with thanks to all who help me create these daily posts (including YOU), you were right!