“Are we having fun yet?” was something I expressed several times yesterday, as I
- started packing for my trip to L.A.,
- grappled with money issues,
- added a new verse to a song,
- dealt with hurt feelings,
- talked to people about hope and hopelessness,
- had the self control to have the soup instead of the very fun-looking and highly caloric pasta dish in the hospital cafeteria,
- couldn’t find my folder filled with group therapy worksheets and exercises,
- glanced at the news, and
- facilitated two groups, one of which focused on fun.
Are we having fun yet in today’s blog post?
Are we having fun yet as we try to read my handwriting in today’s photos?
Are we having fun yet as I share this story about when I decided to have fun earlier this week?
Wednesday morning, after my second night in a row of insomnia, I looked at the weather app on my iPhone to decide how to dress for the day. I saw that the day was going to start out cold but become considerably warmer, so I decided to wear a very light coat. When I was driving to work, I looked at the app again and noticed that I had been looking at the weather for Cupertino, California, instead of the weather for Boston, Massachusetts, which was going to start cold and stay that way. I decided to have fun with it, so I laughed instead of complaining whenever I felt the cold.
Are we having fun yet trying to guess what music I’m going to share in today’s post?
YouTube suggests that I share this one:
Are you having fun yet? If not, how might you have more fun today? Would it help to leave a fun comment?
Have I expressed my gratitude yet for all those who helped me create this are-we-having-fun-yet post and — of course — for YOU?
I think we’ve all gotten ready for the weather in Cupertino on one day or another, Ann. Oh, what fun the phone folks must have imagining what they set off with default settings.