What aren’t you doing right now?
What I’m not doing includes the following:
- reading the news,
- driving a car,
- worrying about the future,
- regretting the past, and
- anything else besides creating this blog post.
Whenever we choose to do anything, there are an infinite number of things that we aren’t doing. If we focus on what we aren’t doing, rather than on what we are doing, there are infinite reasons to believe that we’re not doing enough or that we’re not doing the right thing.
Here’s something else I’m not doing right now: taking photographs. However, I am sharing these:
I’m also not
- wearing Ouija Board socks,
- drinking tea,
- being bitten by sea lions or cats,
- looking for our shy cat Harley,
- waving a magic wand,
- writing new lyrics or music, or
- playing the ukulele.
However, I am sharing this:
Whatever you’re not doing right now — like commenting — you can do soon, if you choose.
I am now doing this: expressing gratitude to all who helped me create this post and — of course! — YOU.