- the number of today’s blog post,
- the title of today’s blog post,
- a 1949 book by George Orwell about a dystopian future,
- something I mentioned to Michael yesterday: “It seems more and more like 1984 every day,” and
- the subject of a Wikipedia entry that includes this quote:
The introduction to the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt edition of Animal Farm and 1984 (2003) reports that the title 1984 was chosen simply as an inversion of the year 1948, the year in which it was being completed, and that the date was meant to give an immediacy and urgency to the menace of totalitarian rule.
What are your associations with 1984?
I don’t have 1984 photos to share, but I do have these:
What is the porpoise of this blog post? I believe we have to purposely guard against the kind of totalitarianism George Orwell wrote about in 1984.
Here‘s 1984 (Nineteen Eighty-Four) — Thug Notes Summary and Analysis:
I hope you speak your truth, below.
This is the 1984th time I’ve expressed gratitude here at WordPress: