I need to summon my strength for a very early morning flight to Houston, so I choose to summon this pack of tissues.
I need to summon my strength because I am
- in pain from tearing my rotator cuff,
- meeting new people,
- traveling to an unfamiliar city,
- presenting about my therapy groups,
- on the medication Coumadin and needing to maintain a therapeutic INR with a consistent diet, and
- homesick in advance.
I summon my strength by
- sharing my thoughts and feelings, and
- taking pictures of my surroundings.
That message on the Paramount Theater in Boston summons my strength to remember that we are home no matter where we are in this world and that I’ll be attending a two-day therapy group in Houston titled “Longing for Home: Past Attachments and Reparative Re-Attachments.”
I also summon my strength by going to great musicals with people I love.
Telling people “You Matter to Me” helps them summon their strength.
How do you summon your strength?
Strong thanks to all who helped me summon my strength to create another blog post and — of course! — to my readers, who matter to me.