As a group therapist, I notice what people say and what people don’t say.
Sometimes, people don’t say
- what’s bothering them,
- opinions that are different from others around them,
- “I can do this but I can’t do this,”
- how they truly feel,
- something they fear will hurt another person’s feelings,
- positive things about themselves,
- what they need in the moment,
- “I love you,”
- swear words,
- buzzwords, and
- the word “merry.“
What don’t you say?
I usually don’t say, “Can I take this picture?”
I don’t say I’m a birdwatcher, but I do say I love those two gifts from Michael.
I don’t say, “No videos in this blog.”
If you don’t say thanks, people might not know you appreciate them. I do say thanks to all who helped me create today’s post and — of course! — to you, no matter what you do or don’t say.