Empathy appears in
- two previous titles of this blog — Day 900: The opposite of empathy and Day 208: Another side of mind reading (empathy)
- this definition:
- the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it.
- the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also, the capacity for this.
- the actions of people I love, and
- a license plate from New Hampshire.
Empathy appears in all those places, but not very much in the news lately. Is it non-empathic of me to believe that most people in the news don’t seem to have the capacity for it?
Are any of my other photos from yesterday infused with empathy?
If I were the Queen of Amazing Empathy, I wouldn’t have eaten all those mussels last night.
I believe that gratitude is part of empathy, so thanks to all who contributed to today’s blog and — of course! — to you, for your empathy.