I’m going to relieve some stress by confessing that I wrote another post titled “Stress Relief” last August, when I had a LOT of stress needing relief, including
- my only child leaving for college in Scotland and
- my first open heart surgery.
As always, it was a relief for me to describe and let go of my stress in that post. I can’t stress enough how writing this blog is stress relief for me, every day.
Yesterday, I definitely needed some stress relief.
I did end up happy yesterday, but that took some time and work because of all this stress:
- My boyfriend Michael is away from home helping out his brother for three days.
- We’re moving to a new place near the ocean this summer.
- Scientific reports indicate that our new house will be under water soon.
- Because of a ridiculous series of unfortunate events, I will be losing long-term disability payments for the rest of my part-time leave from work.
- I was so stressed by all the urgent calls at work yesterday that I didn’t have time to take any more photos.
As usual, it’s a relief to name my stress here.
Pat Metheny’s music is a reliable source of stress relief for me.
However, on June 10, I’ll have the stress of deciding whether to use my ticket and see him live in concert or attend an important dinner at a group therapy conference.
It relieves my stress to realize that some of these are good problems to have.
Gratitude is always great stress relief, so thanks to all who helped me create this stress-relief post and to you — of course! — for the relief of your presence, here and now.