I’ve been working on developing more compassion for myself and for others, lately.
Compassion has always been a passion of mine, but I’ve been more passionate about it recently, because of:
- the current political climate in the United States,
- the physical and emotional challenges I’ve been experiencing as I recover from open heart surgery,
- disappointments I’ve been encountering, including the ill-timed and unexpected recall of my pacemaker/defibrillator,
- the healing power of the compassion I’ve been experiencing from passionate friends, family members, and blog readers, and
- the undeniable importance of compassion for human connection and growth.
Can you see compassion in any of my photos from yesterday?
I find it particularly difficult to experience and show compassion when I am in pain, afraid of the future, and disconnected from others. Thank goodness I have compassionate people in my life like Michael, who compassionately cooked me that delicious meal and Megan, who compassionately brought me the apple cake her compassionate husband, Paul, made for me.
It’s easy to feel compassion when you’re eating delicious apple cake with some compassionate ice cream.
Here‘s some music I found with compassion on YouTube:
Are you compassionate enough to leave behind a comment for this “Compassion” post?
Compassion and thanks to all who helped me create today’s compassionate and passionate post and to you — of course! — for having the compassion to visit me, here and now.