No matter how wise and experienced we are, there are always things we don’t know.
Here are just some of the things I don’t know as I’m writing this on Tuesday, May 24, 2016:
- What my sister and I are going to talk about on the flight to Minnesota today,
- How my son’s new one-act play will go over this coming weekend at his high school,
- What the doctors at the Mayo Clinic are going to say about my very unusual heart,
- How the restaurants are in Rochester, Minnesota,
- What Oscar the cat is going to do during my four-day absence,
- The words to any of the songs in the musical Hamilton,
- What was said yesterday at work during some special appreciation events, which included cake,
- Why anybody would choose or eat a cake that doesn’t include chocolate,
- What we’re going to do during 25 hours of down time between my last test at the Mayo clinic tomorrow and a late afternoon meeting with a surgeon on Thursday,
- Why our cat Harley acts scared of me unless he’s situated off the floor,
- Where we’re going to stay when we return to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August,
- Where my son will be living as a student at University of Edinburgh,
- What it’s going to be like for me to board a plane in Scotland at the end of August, leaving my only child behind in a different country,
- What music I’m going to include in this post, if any,
- How my tryout for “The Voice” in June is going to be different from my first one in February,
- What you’re really thinking as you’re reading this,
- The title of my post tomorrow,
- What I’m going to eat on the plane today,
- What my sister and I are going to see from the rental car as we drive from Minneapolis to Rochester,
- The names of all the players on the 2016 Boston Red Sox,
- What I dreamt about last night,
- Most of the diagnostic codes people use in American medical institutions,
- Why the letter “K” is the abbreviation for strike in baseball,
- The origin of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and
- What pictures I’m going to take in the future.
You don’t know what pictures I took yesterday, but that can be easily remedied, here and now:
What are some things you don’t know, now that you’ve read this blog post?
How little we know! And yet, I know that blogging daily helps me more than you’ll ever know.
Knowing thanks to all who helped me create this post and to you — of course! — for you-know-what (reading it).