On Valentine’s Day, 2016, I love the idea of starting a list of what I love:
- My son, Aaron.
- My sister, Ellen.
- My boyfriend, Michael.
- My memories of my parents.
- Others I love who are no longer with me.
- My extended family, including my cousins, nieces, and nephews.
- Myself, with all my imperfections.
- Our two cats, Harley and Oscar.
- My friends, including Ada, Barbara, Carol, Debbie, Deborah, Eleanor, Hillel, Jan, Janet, Jeanette, Jonathan, Kathy, Karen, Laura, Lawry, Leon, Linda, Marcia, Mark, Maria, Maureen, Megan, and other wonderful people whose first names begin with letters in the second half of the alphabet.
- Letting go of fears, like forgetting to include people in the list directly above.
- My doctors, who’ve helped keep me alive and thriving.
- My readers.
- My other talents, including facilitating group therapy and singing.
- Being out in nature (but not today, because it’s -9 Fahrenheit, which I definitely do not love).
- The fact that I’m not worrying about how I’m ordering this list.
- Letting go of judgment.
- The present moment.
- Performing in front of other people, even though it makes me nervous.
- Taking pictures of what’s around me.
What do you love?
I love that you read this blog. Many thanks.