There is no shortage of shorts on my mind, right now, including these:
- Last night, I saw the Oscar-nominated movie The Big Short, which (a) was longer than 2 hours, (b) felt short and (c) did NOT fall short of my tall expectations.
- I am short, at 5’3″.
- During my shorter than usual winter vacation (starting in a short 11 days), I will not be wearing shorts, because I’m traveling a short distance to cold Philadelphia and New York.
- A short year ago, there was no shortage of snow in the Boston area (where my short self has lived for all of my expected-to-be-shorter life).
- If I come up short when I try out for the TV show “The Voice”in Philadelphia on February 21, I hope my disappointment lasts for a very short time.
- Shortly after that “Voice” audition, I’ll be attending an American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA) conference for a short two days.
- If my very short try-out for “The Voice” on 2/21 is successful, I’ll be expected to return within a short time (one to three days) for a call back audition, which may short out my AGPA conference plans.
- I’ve had a pain between my short ribs for a short two weeks.
- Since my short mind can jump to worst case scenarios in a short amount of time, I’m wondering if that pain could indicate that one of my old cardiac pacemaker wires is shorting out (or otherwise shortly causing problems for short me).
- I think there a very short chance my fear about short pacemaker wires shorting out are true, but if that pain doesn’t resolve, I’ll notify one of my short or tall doctors shortly.
- When short or tall people don’t get back to me within a reasonably expected short amount of time, I can get short with them.
- When people don’t respond to my short requests, it can remind me of when I was a short child, in the hospital, feeling powerless and alone.
- I can have a short amount of patience and comfort with my own shortness.
- Two of my charging cords for my Apple products and one pair of headphones have frayed wires, which might result in a short.
- Before this short day is over, I’ll be meeting with the piano teacher of my no-longer-short son, who will be laying down a short keyboard track for the short and beautiful Todd Rundgren song “Soothe,” which I will shortly take with me for my short “Voice” try-out.
- Right now, there is a total shortage of new photos on my iPhone, because yesterday was too short a day for short me to seize any short moments to take any pictures at all.
- If you wait a short time, I’ll return with some photos of something short which is a short distance away from your short blogger.
- For some reason — which I hope to understand and resolve shortly — my iPhone camera app (CP Pro) now pauses for a short time after I push the button before it takes photos of anything, short or tall, a short or long distance away. That can short out my attempts to capture what I want, in the moment.
If I take a short moment to breathe, I realize a short photographic pause doesn’t prevent my getting good-enough photos of a short cat with short paws.
If you take a short pause to leave a short comment about this post, I’ll get back to you shortly.
Short thanks to short Oscar and all other short or tall creatures who contributed to this not-so-short post. And thanks to you — of course! — for taking whatever time you needed — short or long — to read it.