I am aware that I am not kidding that this post was inspired by this sign, seen yesterday at work:
Yes, I am aware that I am not:
- Adam, who is now sitting where Phyllis sat for years,
- a marketing writer any more, now that I’m a psychotherapist,
- sick with a cold,
- as young as I used to be,
- one to stop growing,
- responsible for other people’s feelings,
- writing more than one blog post every day,
- nervous about my audition for “The Voice” next month,
- focusing on the past,
- living with a dog,
- a delicate flower,
- a mythological creature,
- too cold,
- too hot,
- in Kansas,
- in Paris,
- going directly into work this morning, because of a pacemaker clinic appointment, and
- regretful about the many, many things that I am not.
I am aware that I am not including any other photos from yesterday, yet. I am aware that I am not one to hesitate, once I realize a task is due.
I am aware that I am not a professional photographer.
I am aware that I am not directly asking for comments about this post. I am also aware that I am not unaware that you might have some thoughts and feelings about it.
I am aware that I am not ungrateful to Adam, Phyllis, and all those who helped me create today’s post. I am aware that I am not forgetting to thank you — of course! — for reading it.