Here are my first associations with “trash” this morning:
- In order to make room on my hard drive, I am trashing many things which do not stay trashed until I empty trash many times.
- My boyfriend Michael, almost every trash day, wonders why taking out the trash can feel so arduous.
- “He who steals my purse steals trash.” — William Shakespeare
- One person’s trash is another person’s valuables.
- Every time I write something (including each daily blog post), I am deciding what to keep and what to trash.
- In my work as a psychotherapist, I help others trash unhelpful and habitual ways of thinking which are difficult to trash (like the trash described in #1, above).
What are your associations with the word “trash”?
Should I have trashed any of these recent photos and why?
I would never consider any comment from you trash. And remember, only you can decide what is valuable and what is trash, in your life.
Valuable thanks to all who helped me create this trashy post and special thanks to you — of course! — for reading it.