When I met my dear friend Barbara yesterday for (1) brunch at Arlington’s Madrona Tree Restaurant, (2) a visit to the store next door, called The Artful Heart, and (3) a walk to Arlington’s Spy Pond, Barbara suggested that I title today’s post
Barbara didn’t suggest that because anything smelled bad at Madrona Tree, The Artful Heart, or on our walk. She didn’t say
in response to any of the many topics we discussed yesterday, including
- friends, or
- my son’s applying to college.
Barbara didn’t say
as I was taking any of these photos when I was with her, yesterday.
Barbara also didn’t say “That stinks!” when I said, “There’s two of my angels!” when I was taking this photo:
when she sat inside my spankin’ new yellow car and agreed with me that the interior smelled slightly of skunk.
What do I think stinks, this morning, as I’m creating this post?
- It’s cold and rainy outside.
- I don’t know how long the smell of skunk will stay in my car.
- Fellow blogger Irene just commented on my previous post that my blog never appears in her reader any more.
- Photos are still not migrating from my iPhone to my laptop, so that creates extra steps whenever I create a post.
What does NOT stink, this morning?
- I bought a cool new scarf at the Artful Heart, to help keep me warm.
- I have wonderful friends like Barbara nearby and Irene on WordPress.
- My son is much further along in his college application process because of a meeting he, his father, and I had yesterday.
- I finished writing the Parent Brag Sheet yesterday, so my son can give that to his teachers who are writing his college recommendations.
- I’m going to see one of my favorite classical music radio shows, today, From the Top.
- I don’t have the same level of shame I used to have, when something that “belongs” to me smells bad.
Do any of these pictures I took yesterday evening — when I was with my boyfriend Michael — stink, do you think?
It stinks that
- you may have to scroll back up and then down from the top of this post to catch my stinky reference to “three wicked sistahs” and
- I don’t know what music to include in this “That stinks!” post.
Okay! I found a stinky video on YouTube, searching for “From the Top.”
Does it stink that I’m rushing through this ending paragraph of gratitude by simply saying “Thanks!” to all those who helped me create this post and “More thanks!” to all of you who are reading it?