When our days are numbered (and they are, though we rarely know the exact number), every day might be the best day ever.
But yesterday really was one of the best days ever for me, because:
- I spent time with my son,
- I spent time with my boyfriend,
- I spent time with my cats,
- I gave and received gifts with WordPress bloggers,
- I saw some helpful signs,
- My friend Kathy brought chocolate,
- Oscar, per usual, grabbed and swallowed any available ribbon, and did not return that ribbon later (as far as I know),
- I watched, with my son, perhaps my favorite “Louie” episode ever, which included dreams, insomnia, guilt, friendship, kindness, Clockwork Orange, parenting, doctor’s visits, family, moving heavy objects, dread, crying, connection, fear, rabbits, stand-up comedy, dealing with other people’s shamelessness, reparative experiences, and other topics near and dear to my heart,
- Michael was the best nurse ever, changing my surgical dressings perfectly (not pictured) AND the best cook ever, making me perhaps the best pasta primavera ever for dinner (not pictured),
- I knew, despite never going to Italy, that “primavera” means “spring,”
- I went with my amazing friend Carol to see my favorite movie EVER, Singin’ in the Rain, accompanied by the Boston Pops Orchestra, at Symphony Hall,
- We got A FREE PARKING SPOT ON THE STREET IN BOSTON ON A FRIDAY NIGHT,
- We had a nice walk in beautiful weather, to Symphony Hall,
- I got to see, from afar, one of my favorite spots in Boston, the Christian Science Center,
- Our seats were friggin’ awesome,
- Carol, who was hungry, got to order food and I got to order water,
- One of my heroes, Stephen Sondheim, kept showing up (before I had to turn my phone off for the performance),
- I GOT TO WATCH SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN STARRING GENE KELLY AT SYMPHONY HALL ACCOMPANIED BY THE BOSTON POPS, SITTING NEXT TO SOMEBODY I LOVE,
- We met new, wonderful people, some who love that movie as much as we do and some who were seeing it for the first time (not pictured),
- I got to reminisce about my first time attending Symphony Hall to see Simon & Garfunkel, when I was sitting in the balcony,
- Symphony Hall looks and sounds as awesome now as it did then, and
- It’s the best season ever, for me, no matter where I look.
And you know what? Today might be even BETTER, because they’re doing Singin’ in the Rain again at Symphony Hall, TWICE.
June’s looking pretty good to me, too — what with Simply Sondheim at Symphony Hall, my presentation about my therapy groups, continuing nice weather, and, I’m sure, so much more.
And — speaking of the future — there’s that little matter of making it to Italy, as soon as I can figure out how to pull that off, too.
To make this a better day (if not the best day ever) for all of us, here‘s an amazing dance number from my favorite movie:
Best-day-ever thanks to everybody and everything making yesterday exactly the day it was and to you — of course! — for making today better, for me.