What gifts are in your life, right now? What are you grateful for, in the present?
I am grateful for the gifts of:
- another day,
- meaningful work,
- freedom from pain and want, in this moment,
- good weather,
- my family and friends,
- animals near and far,
- attentive and competent medical treaters, where I work and where I live,
- kindness, wherever and whenever I find it, and
I have been given the incredible gift of people who regularly read this blog. Those readers might be noticing that I’ve given no photographic gifts to support this post, so far.
That’s because I took very few visual gifts away from my surroundings yesterday.
Perhaps I was focusing more on appreciating the gifts in every moment, rather than capturing those gifts on my iPhone.
However, I do have two photographic gifts to share with you. I took those gifts away from a therapy group last night, where the group members offered the gifts of
- personal pain,
… and so much more.
Inspired by them, I offered the gift of a new group activity, where people gave gifts, using the paper and markers in the group room.
I offered the gift of these guidelines:
- You can give gifts to anybody in the room, including yourself.
- You have the option of turning down any gift.
- When you give somebody else a gift, you can also accept that gift for yourself.
Here’s a gift somebody gave me:
Here’s a gift I gave myself, after somebody gave us the gift of the term “Akashic Record”:
More good stuff
It’s all good, even
the not good stuff.
Speaking of good stuff, here are some gifts in my immediate future:
- another day at work, where I get the gift of witnessing people healing in therapy,
- a get-away weekend in New Hampshire with Barbara (who has been giving me the gift of her friendship since we were both little kids), and
- the return home, from a trip to Italy, of my 17-year old son, who is an amazing gift to me.
Here’s my Friday gift of music, from the gifted Elton John:
YouTube gave me that gift of “Your Song.”
Any gifts you’d like to leave below, in a comment?
The gift of gratitude to all those who gave me the gifts to create this post and to you — of course! — for the gifts you bring here, today.