The title of today’s post is something I write to express:
- frustration, and
People who know me might tell me I’m brave and even fearless, at times, but here I was, writing that very thing two nights ago:
Yes, I spelled it differently, but it’s essentially the same.
So why did I write
two nights ago?
Was it because:
- one very famous cardiologist told me recently that if I do NOT have valve surgery immediately I will most likely get sicker and sicker and then die a horrible death AND
- a very trusted and also famous cardiologist told me recently that there’s a 1 in 10 chance I would not survive valve surgery and even if I do survive it, that valve surgery could very well hasten the deterioration of my very unusual heart?
That seems like as good a reason as any to write
… doesn’t it?
Nevertheless, I wrote
at a therapy group at work on Thursday night, because the topic we had chosen together was “Frustration.”
How do you express frustration, dear reader? Feel free to write
or anything else in the comments, below.
One thing I saw yesterday, in particular, made me say
Can you guess which image it was?
By the way, that last photo of Winston at my work parking garage — as he was telling me “Every human being goes temporarily insane at some time” — did not make me go
… but another one of those photos did.
Here’s some music I heard for the first time yesterday, in celebration of Boston Red Sox Opening Day, on Monday:
when I heard it. It made me go
I almost forgot! Here’s something else that made me go
Yesterday, I heard people — at a big morning meeting at work — mention my name for being instrumental in creating positive changes they described as
I guess I also use that when I am
- surprised by recognition,
- praised in unexpected ways, and
- don’t know what else to say.
A big YAY! of gratitude to John Williams, to Winston, to people who attend my therapy groups, to supportive people at hospitals (including my trusted, long-time cardiologist Deeb Salem), to everybody I saw yesterday, and to you — of course!!!!!!! — for bringing all your arghhh!, yaayyyy!, and other reactions here, today.