Here’s something to remind you that Spring is coming:
Here’s lots of freaking data to remind us that Spring isn’t here, yet:
I need something to remind me that
- The path may be icy, but I have the skills and the knowledge to move forward,
- I can’t please everybody on the way,
- I do not have to re-prove my worth every day,
- I can look up to others and others can look up to me,
- I can be on the same level as others, look them in the eye, and demand to be heard,
- Losing things is not the same as losing people,
- Hearts beat a limited number of times, which reminds me to treasure every heartbeat,
- We cannot control what others say or do, but we have choices of how to react,
- Carrots work better than sticks to motivate ourselves and others,
- Inevitably, we make mistakes, hurt others’ feelings, misunderstand, and are misunderstood,
- Expecting the worst doesn’t contribute to a better outcome,
- Worry interferes with action and connection with others,
- Direct, authentic, and open communication helps relationships,
- Being messy is not a sin,
- All feelings are valid,
- Fear can be an automatic, self-perpetuating habit,
- People have the ability to change,
- Lists are always incomplete, and
- Everybody has unique gifts to share.
Speaking of unique gifts, somebody left this gift for me at work yesterday:
I believe that’s a double-edged sword.
That sword, now between a magic wand and a three-hole punch, is something else to remind me to teach, learn, and hope.
Today’s date, March 17, is something to remind me of someone committing suicide over 10 years ago. I remind myself: We can’t control what others do. We can only do our best to show up, be gentle, and tell the truth, here and now.
Here’s something that reminded me, musically, yesterday:
I’ll remind you that “Something to Remind You” by the Pat Metheny Group can be found on YouTube.
What has this post reminded you of? What somethings are reminders for you?
I don’t need to be reminded to thank everyone who inspired and helped me to write this post today, including you.
You do have such cool snow. Losing things is not the same as losing people – Very true
Will you be celebrating St Patrick’s Day today?