When I started writing 1 blog per day on Day 1, I never dreamed I would reach 800 consecutive posts.
Here are 3 questions on my mind, right now:
Why does it feel 100% easier for me to write any of these 800 blog posts than to gather the numbers I need to do my yearly taxes? Why have I spent dozens of years feeling anxiety before 4/15, no matter what those tax numbers are? Why is my worry so numerically high about making mistakes with numbers?
As I have countlessly reminded myself and others: Naturally we make mistakes with numbers. Numbers are not our native language.
I have at least a half-dozen tasks today, including:
- Conducting 1 individual therapy session at work,
- Facilitating 1 group therapy session with more than 2 and less than 6 members,
- Receiving my more than 20th and less than 100th pre-teeth cleaning antibiotic IV (that stands for IntraVenous, not the Latin # 4),
- Getting a cleaning for each one of my 24 teeth,
- Driving my 1 17-year-old son to a 4-hour rehearsal of a play, for which he is running lights for the 1st time,
- Meeting with a tax preparer for the 2nd time in 2 years, with more than 10 and less than 25 documents.
Until 5 minutes ago, there was 1 number I could not locate for my tax preparation, even though I looked in all 3 likely locations. When I looked for the 4th time just now, I found it.
Now I feel 100% prepared and ready for the day, even though there’s a 100% chance I am not perfectly prepared, numerically or otherwise. Nevertheless, on a scale of 1 to 10, I feel like a 10!
Here are 6 photos I took yesterday between the hours of 8 and 6:
Here are 6 photos I took after 6, when I was looking for numbers around me:
3 people in my 1 therapy group yesterday were speculating how many days or months it would take all the snow in Boston to melt. What do you think that number is, based on these 3 photos from yesterday ?
In other words, how many more days will I have to wear 2 of these 100% waterproof boots?
How many seconds after I got home last night was I greeted by 1 cat?
As usual, my (1) curiosity + (2) love for guessing games = n questions.
Here are 2 number-based numbers I heard yesterday:
Why did I have 0% trouble remembering those numbers perfectly?
Do you have more than 1 thought or feeling about the numbers or words in this 800th post? (I wonder what # of comments I’ll get, below.)
Thousands of thanks to the countless number of people, animals, and things helping me write today’s and 799 yesterdays of posts and — of course! — special thanks to you, for reading the hundreds of words and numbers here, today.