I love puns. My boyfriend Michael says he strongly dislikes puns, but here’s the truth about Michael:
When Michael makes a pun, he insists it’s not a pun.
When the rest of the world makes a pun, Michael acts like that’s assault and battery.
Yesterday, Michael and I probably made some puns, but I can’t remember any of them right now, no matter how much I assault and batter my brain trying to remember.
BTBW, here are some random thoughts battering around in my mind about what I’ve written so far:
- When I was a little kid having surgeries in the hospital, those felt like assault and battery.
- I am anticipating having heart surgery in the future, but everybody assures me that will NOT feel like assault and battery.
- Since I’ve been 10 years old, I’ve relied on the batteries in pacemakers to stay alive.
- I can get nervous/anxious/jumpy/whatever-we-want-to-call-it when regular batteries run down (as they always do), because of the way my mind makes associations.
- The way my mind makes associations probably helps me make puns AND helps me write the kind of posts I’ve been writing here, every day for the last 747 days.
- 747 is also a kind of airplane.
(Image of 747 found here)
- I plan to fly out on an airplane to California, with my 16-year-old son, next month.
- The plane reservations aren’t made yet, which can make me nervous/anxious/jumpy/whatever-we-want-to-call-it, but I have faith that my travel agent/niece Laura will take care of this beautifully, because she always does (including the trips I wrote about here, here, here, and here).
- When I had to replace some batteries yesterday, my mind/brain/whatever-we-want-to-call-it came up with the title for today’s post.
- I hope it won’t be photographic assault and battery, now, if I share all the other shots I took yesterday:
I don’t want to batter you into leaving me a comment about this post, but it would feel like the opposite of assault-and-battery to me, if you commented in any way.
Now, I have to salt-and-batter my brain to come up with a good-enough song to end this post.
I don’t mean to procrastinate, but what would YOU choose as a song for this Salt-and-Battery post?
Okay, here are my associations, leading to the Song Du Jour:
- “Batter, batter, batter” is something Cameron and Ferris say in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at Chicago’s Wrigley Field, skipping school for a Cubs baseball game.
That YouTube video of that scene doesn’t have great sound (even though it has over 272,000 views). Here’s another YouTube video of “batter, batter, batter” that has better sound (but far fewer views):
- Here’s another scene from Ferris Bueller, with the Song Du Jour.
Thanks to Michael the Boyfriend (who, like Ferris, could be a Fry Cook on Venus), Laura the Niece/Travel Agent, Harley the Cat, Penny the Pen, Ferris and Cameron, John Hughes the Late Screenwriter and Director, LateBloomer777 the YouTube Batter-er, The Beatles the Group, and You the Reader — of course! — for visiting me, today.